A consortium of landowners and developers are actively working on proposals for new development around the centre of Ascot.
We will post on this page important information regarding these proposals and consultations taking place.
17 December 2016
The Neighbourhood Plan Delivery Group has sent its feedback to the Ascot Consortium regarding their plans which, as we’ve already stated, we consider totally unacceptable. We wish to put on record that their proposals do NOT reflect what is in our Neighbourhood Plan:
– 350 new houses is around double the number envisaged in the Plan, and even considering this number shows a total lack of understanding of the character of our area and a lack of respect for what is in our Neighbourhood Plan.
– They have not addressed the key issues of traffic congestion or parking which are prerequisites to any development taking place.
– There is nothing that addresses the desired connectivity for both pedestrians and cyclists between Ascot Centre and the station and North Ascot.
– The space described as a “Village Square” more resembles a lay-by than a village square.
– The number of the valuable trees that are such a defining characteristic of the Ascot landscape that will be lost was vague and leads us to suspect will be considered unacceptable.
The petition started by local residents has 1,076 signatories and the number is still going up. There is also a map now being shared showing the amount of development that is being proposed for Ascot. We believe this is totally unsustainable and we urge everyone to support this petition.
The petition calls on the Royal Borough “to NOT remove this land out of the Green Belt and to NOT include this site for housing in the Borough Local Plan”. The NPDG supports this call. For more information on the current consultation on the Borough Local Plan, click on this recent Post.
7 December 2016
We have now seen the proposals presented at the Open Day held at Ascot Racecourse on Thursday 1st December and we consider them totally unacceptable. click here to read more
We urge everyone to feedback their views to the consultation on these proposals. You can do this online on the Ascot Centre promoters’ website www.ascotcentreconsultation.co.uk Closing date is 19 December 2016.
The Prince’s Foundation Report, produced following a programme of community consultation in 2012.
Extracts from the A, S and S Neighbourhood Plan, as they relate to Ascot Centre. This NP was adopted by the Royal Borough in April 2014, following a 91% YES vote in a referendum.