The NPDG recently asked you the local residents, to respond to a local parking survey with the aim of using the results to influence the Royal Borough with respect to parking standards for new housing developments. The response to the survey was excellent with over 500 local residents giving their views. The results can be viewed here.
These results will now be submitted to the Royal Borough with particular emphasis on some of the key points, namely:
- Recognition of how people use their garages and how many do or do not park their cars in a garage
- The number of visitor vehicles which adds to the overall traffic congestion
- The increased number of delivery vehicles in the area, probably due to the changing nature of shopping
- Residents’ views on how far people are prepared to walk to a station or shops
- Residents’ views on how many parking spaces should be included in new residential developments, based on the number of bedrooms
The NPDG thanks all the residents who participated in the survey.
Many of you may have already noticed that there’s activity around the old Clover Leaf garage by Ascot Station. The site is owned by Jardine Motors Group, who have commenced the building of an impressive new McLaren showroom – their first outside London. The new, state of the art facility will be the largest McLaren showroom in the UK and will offer the full range of models including the new 650S Coupe and the 650S Spider. It is expected the works will be completed by around October 2014.
For details of the approved planning permission for this development, please go to the RBWM website and search by application number for number 13/00198: RBWM planning access module.
This image gives some idea of what the development will look like
This site is not included in the area within the Ascot Station Site project in our ASandS Neighbourhood Plan, which remains a project for actioning.
This website has been put together using a WordPress template by a volunteer with no experience of producing websites. If any local resident would like to volunteer to help improve and refine this website, please put your hand up – and email us!