If you care about protecting the area we live in from inappropriate development, please consider playing a modest role as a “Local Area Planning Champion” which won’t take up a lot of your time.
We are looking for residents willing to be the eyes and ears for their local neighbourhood on planning applications and other planning matters, like Tree Protection Orders etc.
We are holding an open meeting for all those who may be interested on Wednesday 16th September 2015 @ 7pm at the WI Hall, at Bromhall Recreation Ground, Sunningdale. Please come along to find out more and decide then whether you can help.
How you can make a difference:
- When an important planning application is submitted for a site in your neighbourhood, you would (with the help of more experienced members of the Neighbourhood Plan team) prepare a written objection to submit to the Royal Borough.
- Talk to or visit or drop a leaflet around to your neighbours, encouraging them to also write in with their objections/comments.
- This may only happen 2 or 3 times a year in an average area.
- If you see or hear of developers flouting rules on a development (for example felling trees), you alert us and, if appropriate, contact RBWM.
- There may also be occasions when we may call on the local champions to help with collecting data on parking or traffic when we’re trying to show a case for improving local infrastructure.
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch with us please email us at NPDG@ascotandthesunningsnp.com