The Crown Estate has always been pleased to welcome cyclists to Windsor Great Park. To see all the routes where cycling is allowed, all of which are open during daylight hours, download this Cyclist-Leaflet-Windsor-Great-Park leaflet. To access a larger version of the map, click Cycling map Windsor Great Park.
Cycling from Ascot to Windsor
It is possible to cycle from Ascot to Windsor on a mainly no- or low-traffic route at any time during daylight hours:
- Ride along New Mile Ride to Cheapside Road and Left into Watersplash Lane to enter Windsor Great Park at Ascot Gate
- Cycle through the Park to exit through Ranger’s Gate
- Cross the A332 Sheet Street at the pedestrian/horse crossing, controlled by lights
- Follow the signs on to the marked cycle route (part of this is a flint surface which can get muddy when wet)
- You will come in to Windsor at the Windsor FC car park
- Cross over the B3022 and turn Left into Bulkeley Avenue. Follow the road up to Springfield Road, turn Right and then a 1st Left into York Avenue. There is a cycle underpass on the Right, just after York Road that takes you through to Vansittart Road, on into the centre of Windsor and the river.