A new consultation has just been launched on changes to Heathrow’s airspace and future operations. The closing date for feedback is 4th March 2019. There is also a consultation event at Ascot Racecourse, on Friday 1st February between 2pm to 8pm in the Pavilion Suite.
If you want to know whether you may be affected by any changes to flight paths, you can enter your postcode in this link to check (many SL5 postcodes are affected): https://afo.heathrowconsultation.com
The consultation covers 6 topics where feedback is being invited – listed below – and a further topic on Managing Heathrow’s growth within environmental limits which is for information only.
- Airspace Change – For expansion and existing two runways
- Managing noise at an expanded Heathrow
- Respite through runway and airspace alternation
- Directional preference
- Night flights – Early morning arrivals
- Night flights – Other night restrictions
There is a short video on this link https://afo.heathrowconsultation.com/consultation/ which sets the scene.