The NPDG recently asked you the local residents, to respond to a local parking survey with the aim of using the results to influence the Royal Borough with respect to parking standards for new housing developments. The response to the survey was excellent with over 500 local residents giving their views. The results can be viewed here.
These results will now be submitted to the Royal Borough with particular emphasis on some of the key points, namely:
- Recognition of how people use their garages and how many do or do not park their cars in a garage
- The number of visitor vehicles which adds to the overall traffic congestion
- The increased number of delivery vehicles in the area, probably due to the changing nature of shopping
- Residents’ views on how far people are prepared to walk to a station or shops
- Residents’ views on how many parking spaces should be included in new residential developments, based on the number of bedrooms
The NPDG thanks all the residents who participated in the survey.